Today is World Refill Day and so for some refill inspiration I thought that I would simply share a list of all of the products that I am currently buying as refills.
I started off by just getting a few items, but as I have gotten into the swing of it my list has steadily grown to now include:
- Rice and noodles
- Porridge oats, muesli, granola
- Dried fruits: raisins, apricots etc (including chocolate raisins)
- All types of nuts, popcorn kernels, sesame seeds etc
- Chickpeas and lentils
- 3 types of tea and freshly ground coffee beans
- Flour and baking powder
- Herbs and spices
- Maple syrup
- Washing up liquid
- Hand wash
- Shower gel
- Detergent (Bio, Non-Bio and Delicate)
- White vinegar and bicarbonate soda for cleaning
- Toilet cleaner
- Multi surface cleaner
I am lucky to be able to get my refills locally from Refill and Refuel (who have a special discount running today), Bare & Fair, Kate’s Eco Shop and Noel’s Farm shop. However, if you are not local to me then the World Refill Day’s campaign website has a link to an App for finding your local refill shop as well as some really helpful information.
It may take a while to get used to but once you get into the routine of refilling it really is very easy.